"My son has worked with personal trainers across multiple sports, and you are by far the best. You break down the smallest parts of the game and it translates perfectly into team concepts. My son has improved rapidly on his footwork, speed, and shooting since we started a few months ago as he seeks to play highly competative collegiate lacrosse"
INDIVIDUAL OR SMALL GROUPS AVAILABLE
Our Shooting & Dodging lessons concentrate on fine tuning the skills you need to maximize your direct scoring abilities. below is a list of some of the core fundamentals we will teach and practice throughout the sessions:
Defensive lessons will focus on all elements of the position needed including footwork, stick chests, learning how to use approach using angles and body position.
"Coach Brett has been a great coach for my son. My son picked up lacrosse less than a year ago and needed some help with proper techniques in passing, shooting, stick work and dodging. My son improved in all of these areas after the lessons and some practice.
Brett has a positive and supportive approach that really connected with my son and helped build his passion for the game."
Current: Head Lacrosse Coach @ Kingswood Oxford
2018 US Lacrosse Assistant Coach of the Year (CT)
Assistant Coach at Hall High School ('16-'18)
Volunteer assistant coach for Connecticut College ('14)
Director of High School - Connecticut Rip It Lacrosse
Co-Director for Garber Gorilla Lacrosse Clinics
Coach at Peak Performance Lacrosse Camps ('03 -'08)
Major League Lacrosse
Drafted in 2007 MLL Draft by Boston Cannons
Played 8 years as a Midfielder and Attackman
University of Massachusetts
2007 team captain
2007 Offensive MVP
Avon Old Farms School (HS)
3 sport athlete (Soccer, Hockey, Lacrosse)
SHOOTING & DODGING
Our Shooting & Dodging lessons concentrate on fine tuning the skills you need to maximize your direct scoring abilities.The following is a list of some of the core fundamentals we will teach and practice throughout the sessions:
1. Shooting on the run with accuracy
2. Becoming a better finisher around the net
3. Understanding how goalies think and react so you can beat them
4. Dodging strategies from X, Wing or above restraining line
5. Stick angles to increase shooting and finishing accuracy
6. Superior foot positioning to become a better dodger and shooter
7. How to read the defense to dodge effectively as well as how to escape trouble
8. Re-Dodging to set up your “signature” (go-to) move
9. Weak hand dodging to set up strong hands
Defensive lessons will focus on all elements of the position needed
1. Footwork and speed to better position yourself
2. Learning angles around the cage to drive offensive players away from goal
3. Understanding timing of checks and executing them to create turnovers
4. Communicating around the field
5. Enhancing stickwork to get the player more comfortable passing, shootings, or escaping from pressure.